Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Different Side of the Story

Life is full of passions.
My passions are my family, flowers, gardens, lovely gestures, kindness, stories, storytelling......and as odd as it may sound, flamenco.  Dance is not typically on the agenda for this blog but as I have just returned from a performance at a local vineyard I am filled with the desire to share a bit from a different side of my little life.
Dancing.  Flamenco.
Delving into our passions even when the prime of youth has passed.  I always wanted to be a dancer and though it is only a tiny part of my already full life, dance is my storytelling in motion, the great unfolding of a flower blooming.
There is a feeling I get when I dance of utter freedom.  Once I have mastered the steps and put the many pieces together I have a sense of unity with my physical self, with the story I am telling and with the art it creates.  Believe me when I say, I am no master.  I am far from a great dancer, but I have a love for what I am doing that transcends the need to be great.  I don't have to be great (not for me anyway), I just have to do it.  I have to let all those pieces of myself come together.
I have only been at this a few years and finding the time to practice is a definite challenge but I set the goal when I started to stick with it for at least three years.....I am at the beginning of year three and going strong.  Let's hope for another ten.

Do you have a passion outside the realm of what you would normally do?  What is it and how do you find time to fit it in?  What does it mean to you?  

Thank you for stopping by!
Cammie



1 comment:

  1. you look gorgeous! let us know when your next performance comes up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...